High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The HSPT is a placement test given to students entering high school. Incoming 9th graders must take the HSPT and have their scores sent to Pope John XXIII in order to be considered for admission.
- The HSPT measures cognitive and basic skills. The exam consists of 5 sections – Verbal Skills, Quantitative Skills, Reading (Comprehensive and Vocabulary), Mathematics, and Language.
- The exam fee is $50.
- Calculators are not allowed during the test.
- When a test is scheduled, check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. The test will begin once all students are in their assigned classroom. Instructions will be broadcast over the school intercom system. All students will begin at the same time.
- Plan for the exam to take approximately 3 hours.
- You are awarded points only for the questions that you answer correctly. No points will be deducted for wrong answers, so it is best to guess if you are not sure of the answer.
- Pope John XXIII School Code is 20.
- Please pre-register for the HSPT by downloading the form and submitting payment to Pope John XXIII High School.
Pope John XXIII is proud to award partial tuition scholarships to incoming ninth graders each year. Recipients are selected on the basis of High School Placement Test scores from the January 26th testing.
In order to better accomodate our applicants, Pope John XXIII High School will accept the ISEE test scores from those students testing on January 26th, 2013, which is also our HSPT date. Although we will accept these scores for an application decision, students must take the HSPT on our campus in order to be considered for any academic scholarship. We will only accept the ISEE from students coming from other Catholic schools. This policy is on a trial basis and may be changed next year. Due to the very high cost of school membership with the ISEE test company, students will still have to pay the $50 testing fee to Pope John. Due to a very high number of applicants, please send your payment for ISEE test review to Pope John immediately in order to complete your file.